Course PRINCE2 — Five days—Instructor-led
PRINCE2 is the world’s most widely adopted project management method, used by people and organizations from wide-ranging industries and sectors.
It is a flexible method that guides you through the essentials for managing successful projects, regardless of type or scale. Built upon seven principles, themes and processes, PRINCE2 can be tailored to meet your specific requirements.
The PRINCE2 Foundation Level introduces the PRINCE2 method. The Foundation certification aims to confirm that you know and understand the PRINCE2 method well enough to be able to work effectively with, or as a member of, a project management team working within an environment supporting PRINCE2. The Foundation certification is also a prerequisite for the Practitioner certification.
The PRINCE2 Practitioner certification is for anyone managing projects. This could be as part of a formal project management function or a role in which project management is an inherent part of day-to-day work. The Practitioner certification aims to confirm that you have sufficient knowledge and understanding in order to apply and tailor the method in a range of different project environments and scenarios.
The Practitioner certificate is only one part of becoming a successful and effective project manager. It is important to ensure that this is supplemented with real-life experience working on projects, in addition to investing in their own professional development and wider training.
This certification is aimed at project managers, aspiring project managers and anyone who manages projects. It is also relevant to other key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of projects, including: Project Board members (e.g. Senior Responsible Owners), Team Managers (e.g. Product Delivery Managers), Project Assurance (e.g. Business Change Analysts), Project Support (e.g. Project and Programme Office personnel) and operational line managers/staff.
Typically, classroom training for PRINCE2 2017 Foundation lasts two and a half days and the examination takes place at the end of the training while the PRINCE2 2017 Practitioner lasts one and a half days and the examination takes place at the end of the training.
To take the PRINCE2 2017 Practitioner examination you must provide proof of having passed one of the following:
- PRINCE2 Foundation (or higher) - therefore someone who has 2009 Practitioner can take PRINCE2 2017 Practitioner
- Project Management Professional (PMP)*
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)*
- IPMA Level A® (Certified Projects Director)
- IPMA Level B® (Certified Senior Project Manager)
- IPMA Level C® (Certified Project Manager)
- IPMA Level D® (Certified Project Management Associate).
- Multiple choice questions
- 60 questions per paper
- 33 marks required (out of 60 available) to pass: 55%
- One hour's (60 minutes) duration
- Closed book.
- Objective testing
- 68 questions per paper
- 38 marks or more required to pass (out of 68 available): approximately 55%
- Two-and-a-half hours’ (150 minutes) duration, no additional reading time
- Open book exam (official PRINCE2 manual only).
To find out more about the changes to PRINCE2 visit the AXELOS PRINCE2 2017 Update page
*'PMP' and 'CAPM' are registered marks of Project Management Institute, Inc. PMI is not affiliated with AXELOS, nor does it endorse any AXELOS qualifications.