Course ISMS: Two days; Instructor-led
Certification Europe ISO 27001 (BS 7799) Implementation training course - the latest in a successful series of Information Security Management System implementation courses delivered to the Irish, European and Asian Markets.
Up until now BS 7700-2 and IS 17799-2 have been the recognised standards for benchmarking information security management sysetms (ISMS) within an organisation. There is now only one standard for best practice in information security management, ISO 27001.
Certification Europe's two day course is custom designed for industry professionals with responsibility for implementing an information security management system (ISMS) within their organisations, or for external consultants seeking to support the implementation of an ISMS within client organisations.
The course will give participants a thorough knowledge and understanding of the new international standard ISO 27001 and its requirements. It will only introduce participants to the requirements of the standard, but will detail the management system approach to implementing security controls compliant with the requirements of ISO 17799 and meeting the certification requirements of ISO 27001:2005.
The course will make extensive use of group exercises and case studies through the two days, providing attendees with a proper foundation in the practical aspects of an ISMS and the related auditing function.
The Certification Europe tutors are experienced ISO 27001 lead auditors. They have experience of the issues associated with the design, implementation and auditing of Information Security Management Systems and have audited conformance to ISO 27001 on an international basis.
Course attendees will:
- Gain a thorough understanding of the 11 elements of the standard
- Learn to implement a security policy, perform risk assessment and set control objectives
- Understand the Plan, Do, Check and Act cycle of an ISMS
- Participate in workshops and case studies
- Learn how to implment an ISMS in keeping with the requirements of the standard
- Gain access to e-learning resources to support the on-going development of ISMS
Module 1 - The Management Approach to Information Security
- Course Introduction
- ISO 27001 Introduction and Approach
- Establishing and Managing the ISMS
- ISMS Documentation Requirements
- ISMS Management Responsibilities
Module 2 - Implementing ISO 27001
- Security Policy
- Organisation of Information Security
- Asset Management
- Human Resources Security
- Physical and Environmental Security
- Communications and Operations Management
- Access Control
- Information System Acquisition, Development and Maintenance
- Information Security Incident Management
- Business Continuity Management
MODULE 3 - ISO 27001 Certification
- "Implementation ISO 27001" Presentation from Guest Speaker
- Accreditation Overview
- Course Feedback